Trustworthy Systems Manifesto
December 6, 2018, 11:00am - 12:00pm ET (check time zone)
Speaker: Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, CISQ
The Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ) has launched a Trustworthy Systems Manifesto.
As a greater portion of mission, business, and safety-critical functionality is committed to software-intensive systems, these systems become one of the largest sources of risk to enterprises and their customers. In an era of 9-digit glitches (IT incidents with damages over $100,000,000), corporate executives are responsible for managing software risk and need guidance for communicating their expectations and developing policy to insure the business or mission is enabled by trustworthy systems.
This webinar will introduce the Trustworthy Systems Manifesto and discuss its 5 principles:
- Engineering discipline in product and process
- Quality assurance to risk tolerance thresholds
- Traceable properties of system components
- Proactive defense of the system and its data
- Resilient and safe operations