CISQ has launched a working group to extend the CISQ Automated Quality Characteristic Measures into the domain of embedded and real-time software. The first set of measures standardized in 2016 was developed to measure the quality and resilience of enterprise IT systems. This new, updated standard is also aimed at measuring the quality and security of embedded software code used in device control, the Internet of Things (IoT), and safety-critical systems.
The working group launched in February 2018. An updated quality measure specification was submitted to OMG® for approval in December 2018. At the December meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA, the OMG Architecture Board approved the Automated Source Code Quality Measures RFC for a 3-month public review period. This is a major step on the path to approving the embedded extensions project CISQ members have completed as an OMG standard.
Track the Standard
You can track the Automated Source Code Quality Measures RFC on the Technical Committee Work in Progress page on the OMG website.
The project team is led by Dr. Bill Curtis, CISQ Executive Director and Chief Scientist at CAST Research Labs. The team consists of delegates with expertise in embedded software from each participating sponsor of CISQ, in addition to experts from the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University and the Common Weakness Enumeration project at The MITRE Corporation. Combined, the team has over 150 years of experience in embedded software. The sponsors include CAST, CGI, Cognizant, ISHPI, Northrop Grumman, Synopsys and Tech Mahindra.
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, CISQ
- Philippe Emmanuel-Douziech, Principal Research Scientist, CAST Research Labs
- Bill Dickenson, Director of Solution Delivery, CAST
- Joe Jarzombek, Director for Government, Aerospace & Defense Programs, Synopsys
- Gordon Uchenick, Lead Aerospace / Defense Sales Engineer, Software Integrity Group, Synopsys
- Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, The MITRE Corporation
- Dan Plakosh, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Paul Seay, Northrop Grumman Fellow, Engineering Center of Excellence, NGMS Engineering, Sciences and Technology, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Paul Rainey, Director Consulting Services, Global Program Director, Software Quality Center of Excellence, CGI
- Kevin Doyle, Cyber Security Engineer, CGI Federal
- Girish Seshagiri, Executive Vice President, CTO, ISHPI
- Amitabh Shankar, Principal Quality Consultant, Tech Mahindra
- Sanjeev Chikodi, SQA Head, Tech Mahindra
- Hariharan Mathrubutham, Vice President of Delivery Excellence, Cognizant
If you would like to learn more or get involved, contact CISQ at email@example.com.