Over the last few years the UK banks have suffered an increasing number of major IT outages causing customer dissatisfaction, brand damage, and, in some cases, fines from the regulators. Legacy IT estates, some still running core banking applications that are 30 years old, are being stretched even further in the digital world. Declining revenues and reduced valuations are causing an increased level of restructuring and cost pressures for IT departments. It is more critical than ever for UK banks to measure the risk, robustness and security of core applications to mitigate these IT risks.
techUK and the Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ), in cooperation with the Object Management Group (OMG), are hosting a panel discussion to address the following questions:
- What is the path to fundamentally reduce the prevalence of technical outages in UK banks?
- How do we create a consistent measurement system that can be used by IT and business leaders to measure and report on the software risks of multi-tier business applications?
- What methods and metrics are needed when negotiating and managing the acquisition, development or maintenance of IT application software?
A panel of experts will discuss the issues faced by banks and how they can be overcome.
|Dr. Bill Curtis
Head of Cards & Payments
Ex-Managing Director & global head of GT Production
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Director of CISQ, will provide insight into how the new OMG Software Quality standards for Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, and Maintainability are being used by banks and federal government departments in the United States.
- Abhijit Deb, Head of Cards & Payments, Cognizant will explain how they have used the CISQ standards to optimize the quality of the work they do as an IT outsourcing partner.
- Marc Earl, ex-Managing Director & global head of GT Production, Deutsche Bank, will share his views on how his previous organization manages these risks.
- Andrew Agerbak, Director, BCG will provide insight on how they are helping banking clients globally use IT quality standards to better understand their application portfolio risk and execute IT simplification programs.
- A speaker from PRA/HMT/BoE will share their perspective on what is expected from the UK banks to overcome this challenge.
Registration is closed. Thank you for attending!
15:00 – 17:00 Presentations & Panel
17:00 – 18:00 Networking & Drinks
The event is being held at techUK: 10 St Bride Street, London EC4A 4AD